Case Study – Credit Union Services Company
Abilita was engaged by a credit union service organization to source, design and implement a 75 node strategic networking platform with coverage across the United States.
During the course of this engagement, Abilita performed the following:
- Gathered information about the existing network topology (5 separate networks with differing networking platforms)
- Gathered current and future network requirements from 5 separate units within the organization
- Developed network specifications for all the business units
- Created and issued a Request for Proposal to Tier 1 network providers that included primary network requirements, backup circuitry requirements and data encryption requirements
- Reviewed, analyzed and sought clarification of the RFP responses
- Evaluated the RFP responses and presented the Organization with the recommended two finalists that included a primary MPLS network solution, an integrated backup solution and a data encryption solution
- Provided network pre-design services and implementation plan considerations
- Performed final negotiation of Price and Contract Details including commitments and service level agreements.
- Project managed implementation of all three network components – primary circuits, an auto failover solution and an end to end encryption solution – and provided final design assistance.
Implementation of this new strategic network will reduce monthly operating network costs for this client by more than 30% while adding end to end encryption and an auto fail-over backup solution, characteristics that were not available in the old network environment.Client – Credit Union Services Company