Planning Guidelines – Data Network Upgrades
With corporate data usage growing exponentially and with a growing list of provider options available, it may be time to evaluate and upgrade your corporate data network.
- Increased bandwidth to reduce data bottlenecks.
- SD-Wan for variable bandwidth to multiple locations depending on immediate network requirements for reduced costs and better throughput.
- Possible reduction in costs through quotes from multiple vendors.
- Identify the cost/benefit of contingency back-up for business continuity in the event of site or service disruptions.
Key Considerations – Planning Steps
- Evaluate your current and projected usage vs. your current network bandwidth, both for average and peak load times.
- Are there network congestion points interfering with communications to all sites? In this case, a move to the cloud may be a possible solution.
- Create a Disaster Recovery Plan for your company including Business Continuity strategies. Do you need a secondary route or supplier?
- Verify that your current provider has adequate redundancy for their services.
- Prepare an RFQ to get quotes from your current and alternate providers for your sites. This should include pricing options for multiple contract terms.
For more information or to schedule a no obligation 10-minute discussion to discuss your objectives and identify a strategy to come up with the right solution, click here.Planning Guidelines – Data Network Upgrades