Planning Guidelines – Telecommunications Audit: Voice, Data, Wireless
- Reduce your monthly communications costs
- Identify options to improve performance and reduce bottlenecks (voice or data)
- Identify options to improve
If you have not done a communications audit within the past 3 years,
something will be out of date.
Key Considerations – Planning Steps
- What are your key objectives (see benefits above)?
- What service areas require improvement (capacity, back-up, less latency, mobile integration)?
- Prepare an inventory of your current accounts, lines and costs and contracts by site.
- Determine which circuits are redundant or no longer in use for cancellation.
- Check with each vendor for their most current rates for each service provided.
- Any required service should be placed under contract (1 to 3 years) for the optimum rate.
- Evaluate the opportunity to consolidate suppliers and request a quote.
- Prepare an implementation plan and timetable to cancel, re-contract, or reconfigure your services.
For more information or to schedule a no obligation 10-minute discussion to discuss your objectives and identify a strategy to come up with the right solution, click here.Planning Guidelines – Telecommunications Audit: Voice, Data, Wireless