Working from home introduces a much bigger threat of attack from hackers. Here are five remote access threats you should know about:
- Phishing: tricking your employees into sharing sensitive data or passwords.
- Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS): malicious attempts to disrupt normal server traffic, specifically aiming to take down your encryption service so your employees can’t use VPN.
- VPN Tools: ensure all your VPN software has been patched to minimize chance of threats.
- Remote Desktop: attackers could gain access to critical computer or servers through phishing or brute force attacks.
- BlueKeep: a vulnerability in Microsoft’s Remote Desktop services allows for remote code execution. Make sure patches are installed.
Abilita and our cyber security business partners can help protect your company against cyber attacks. If you wish advice on this or any other Communications Technology, contact your Abilita consultant today!
Click here to schedule a no obligation 10-minute discussion to discuss your objectives and identify a strategy to come up with the right Remote Worker solution for your company.